Thursday 15 September 2011

christmas and crochet


Hello! Thought would pop by quickly just before I have lunch -  though I've been up since the absolute crack of dawn this morning (way before dawn actually) for an appointment so I'm really feeling this should be early evening by now and not just lunchtime! Anyhow, here are my projects for this month's Crafts Beautiful. They're in the October issue, but I'm a bit late in posting about them - I actually picked up the Xmas special issue today (yes it is only mid september I know!)

I've been designing Christmas projects since way back in May... and this week I've been finishing a couple more Christmassy ones... that's the last of them though then I can start concentrating on my own Christmas products (haven't given them a thought really yet... eeek, quite a lot to do!)


Apart from working on the couple of commissions, I've also been sewing mirrors this week... lots of them - My sewing mojo's back, hurray!! I've been making lots of different versions of my butterfly, flower and cupcake mirrors but haven't got round to taking any pictures yet so they will have to wait for another day. 

I have also been working away in the evenings on my granny blanket though.... and excitement... it's nearly finished!!

I had a lovely weekend actually... Karl had a day planned with friends on Saturday, so I spent most of it working on my blanket, starting with a square or two after breakfast in bed... oh the luxury!  


I still do have a way to go before any ta-dahs... am at the sewing the squares together stage and I have to be honest, I'm really not feeling this bit - I loved doing each individual square but the joining together is feeling tediuos and never-ending! I then need to crochet the border (looking forward to that bit though) so it will be a while yet but hopefully I will have it done quite soon :)

Anyway, have a great week, hope to be back soon with a blanket update xxx

12 comments:

Crafts @ Home said...

Lovely halloween and christmassy stuff :)but oh, I can't wait to see the blanket all finished :) I'm glad you have your sewing mojo back :)
Sue Xxx

Tina said...

Hi Jenny!
Thank you so much for your visit and nice to meet you!
Love all the Halloween project. As you are a fellow crocheter =, I will be looking forward to see your blanket!
xx

fee @ chipper nelly said...

you're so far ahead of me! bad pixie keeps leading me away from the christmas papers!
Love your Halloween bunting...fee x

Unknown said...

The Halloween things are fab! I've made a small ghost & pumpkin garland to hang in the window :-)

Stephanie said...

Dear Jenny,

Wow! Your pumpkin bab is absolutely gorgeous. What a fabulous idea for those trick and treating sprites.

The christmassy projects are utterly lovely too with all that green. Yum.

Have a lovely weekend, Jenny. I hope you are settling into your new home nicely.

Stephanie

Helen Philipps said...

Love all your new designs, Jenny! Halloween is such a fun subject to design for, isn't it, and I love your little bag and bunting. The Christmas cards are gorgeous too. I know what you mean about the rather tedious sewing up of the granny blanket after the joy of the crochet part!! I look forward to seeing it when it's finished. Have a lovely weekend.
Helen x

Anonymous said...

Hi Jenny, love the pumpkins, they're just so bright and happy and just the thing for dark autumn days!
I always crochet my squares together, to me it seems less of a chore. You can also join as you go to save all that sewing up!
Vivienne x

Caroline Lovis (Redneedle) said...

That pumpkin bag fits the bill perfectly, it's just lovely, as are your other goodies, you have been busy and how wonderful to do it for a magazine. I'm also making a blanket not quite as far on as your self, but like you am aiming for Winter this year.

Emma Thomsen said...

Love the pumpkin bag and bunting, would make a very jolly halloween!

Anonymous said...

I got SO bored sewing my crochet squares together so i feel your pain.

Anonymous said...

Love it! I might have to buy a copy of this mag : ) all your work for it always looks so gorgeous! Hope you're well hun xx

koralee said...

What fun projects...I have been thinking I need to add some Fall fun around my home soon..maybe bunting is just what is needed.
xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...