Monday 18 April 2011

Easter Biscuits


This weekend was a very rare one in that I did no work at all! This is almost unheard of, as I'm always usually working on something or other, but I had no urgent orders to make, and anyway, I had plans...


Spent a lovely surprise day in Bath on Saturday with mum and sister Harriet who were in Wiltshire visiting friends, then yesterday, I decided to bake! Those who have been reading my blog for the last few months will know that I recently discovered the art of biscuit icing, haha! This is my third go... you can see my previous efforts here and here!


I bought the duck and chick shape cookie cutters in Bath, but for the others, including the cute little lamb (my favourite!) I made cardboard templates and cut around them with a knife.


By popular request, I made the Super Chocolatey biscuit mix again, though it was quite hard work - the dough did NOT want to stick together but I got there in the end, and cut out all my little shapes. Then I made my  icing and split it up into various piping bags and bottles for all my separate colours. This took ages - way longer than I planned, but as I've learned before, it is all in the preparation!



Then came the fun part! I find controlling the icing quite similar to the control I have to have when embroidering my tiny badges which I think is why I like it so much, and I now find it relatively easy to maintain a smooth-ish piped line! (Dots on the other hand still get the better of me, but hoping this will come with practise, haha!)



I have to confess I haven't actually eaten any of them yet, mainly because I wanted to photograph them this morning but also because they just look so pretty I can't bear to! (I have mind you had quite a few of the un-iced 'spare' ones I made - very yummy they were too!)

Already I'm thinking of my next biscuit baking session, though it probably won't be for a few months yet... maybe I'll do beach huts and seagulls, just in time for Summer! Any other ideas?

Anyway, thanks for popping by and I hope you all have a super lovely week, Jenny xx

p.s forgot to mention that I'll be doing another giveaway when I reach 200 followers - not many to go now! x

16 comments:

Deborah said...

Well done Jenny these look fab! they are so cute :)

Bee happy x
Have a delicious day!

www.daisyley.co.uk said...

Gorgeous Easter biscuits - no wonder you want to admire them for as long as possible before eating! x

greenrabbitdesigns said...

They are gorgeous Jenny and the little lamb is brilliant. I know what you mean about not wanting to eat them, they really are so pretty.
I must make up some cookie mixture as I bought a set of cutters in Paperchase on Saturday all with an Easter theme!
How about buckets and spades for the summer seaside biscuits.
Vivienne x

somewhere on the avenue said...

Its just not fair - these look scrumptious and we cant eat them!! xx

Helen Philipps said...

These are just amazing! Sooo perfect and neatly decorated! The lamb one is especially cute and characterful, I like the curly coat. Much too beautiful to eat though!
Have a sunny week.
Helen x

Crafts @ Home said...

These are absolutely brilliant Jenny, I thought you 1st attempts were good, it made me go and buy the book as well!!!! I haven't done any for Easter yet, but I will.... I think it is worth buying the book for the biscuit mixture alone! they are delicious....
Sue Xx

Sweetly Wrapped said...

Love Love Love the eggs!! xX <3

Biba said...

Oh my, these look absolutely gorgeous! And yummy...! :) You're a professional, no doubt!

Scented Sweetpeas said...

oohh they are so gorgeous, I bet you won't want to bite into them :-( You should make little holes in the next batch and hang them up as decorations!

Anonymous said...

They look sooo yummy and so professional. Hope they taste nice x

home made gorgeous said...

Wow, Jenny I love these they are like very yummy works of art... you have made me wanting to get my hands on some cookie cutters now! I bet they were fun to make, love all the colour combinations! Sarah x

Deborah said...

Hi Jenny, try this link to enter my giveaway

http://beehappyhome.blogspot.com/2011/04/bee-happy-have-100th-follower-giveaway.html

or if this doesn't work look through my older posts to enter.

Bee happy x
Have a delicious day!

♥ Mary Janes TEAROOM said...

These do look too good to eat Jenny!...
Best wishes for a lovely Easter,
Susan x

Poppy said...

WOW, there is no way I would let anyone eat them...you could frame them.

I hope you have a lovely Easter. Xxx

Eadaoin said...

Oh wow Jenny, these look amazing!!! Nice work, I hope at this stage you've eaten them hehe. I love the little ducks especially :)

Emma Thomsen said...

Will you stop it with the showing off of your yummy cookies, you did this to us Valentines Day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...