Saturday 3 July 2010

Seaside Inspiration...

It is only a couple of days now until I go on my summer holidays (getting very excited!), so I thought it would be a perfect time to share some of my favourite 'summer' inspired finds...



First up is a lovely print named 'Small Sailor' by illustrator Tutti Shafir, who is currently based in Tel Aviv. With it's beautiful subdued colour palette, it takes me back to the innocence of childhood days, when hours could easily be passed daydreaming and playing in my own little world... very nostalgic! If you want to see a wider selection of Tutti's work, visit her etsy shop, where there are lots more of her charming prints for sale.




Isn't this just the perfect print for summer? This beautiful eco-friendly fabric is named Gwylan (which is Welsh for seagull) in Seafoam blue, and is by Welsh-born designer Jenny Lee-Katz. I love the simplicity and placement of this design, as well as the fun and quirky imagery. Take a look at Jenny's website for more of her gorgeous designs.




Finally, 'Ladies at amusements' is a textile piece by one of my favourite designers at the moment, Laura McCafferty, who documents everyday scenes and ordinary people using a combination of screen print, fabric appliqué and hand stitching. I just love the juxtaposition of all the different prints and patterns she uses, as well as the humour and sincerity she injects into her work with the often personal subjects she depicts. Laura welcomes commissions of all sizes, so if you would like more information, (or just want to see more of her amazing works) check out her website.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

lovely images, I like the first one a lot!

Hope you have a nice holiday :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...