Monday 4 April 2011

Something new for Easter!



Right, well this was actually the post I was supposed to be writing yesterday before I got distracted! I wanted to show you something new which I've been working  on this week - printed pocket mirrors! They are the same size as my fabric embroidered ones, 58mm diameter, but instead have the image printed and protected behind a layer of cellophane!

They are much quicker and easier to produce than my embroidered ones,hurray! - Obviously, since I don't need to stitch each one individually! The other good news is that because of this, I can sell them a lot cheaper, so they are only £3 each, and like all my handbag mirrors, come with an ivory organza bag to keep them safe and clean. They can be found in my NOTHS shop for now if you would like one:)




This has felt like a little lightbulb moment, as lately I have been thinking about ways I can expand my product range without too much hard work, time and money and these are an ideal way to do just that.

This way I can use some of my most popular printed designs from both my greetings cards and my Pingg collection too - whilst they are still in keeping with my overall style. So far, I've only got as far as this little Easter collection, but I hope to add a few more designs soon... If you have any suggestions, feel free to let me know!


The other lovely news this week is that Claire from Knitted Back Together has very kindly awarded me the Liebster Blog Award. This is the second time I have been given this award lately, but am no less honoured, thank you muchly Claire, it is very much appreciated! This award is slightly different from some of the other blogging awards in that it celebrates handmade and artisan blogs, with 300 followers or less. The aim is to promote small handmade businesses and encourage more readers to their blogs and more visitors to their online shops, which is a fabulous idea.

Since I passed on this award not so long ago, I won't choose any more blogs today, hope you understand, but I really do appreciate being given it!

So that is all for now, have got to pop to the Post office now... grrrr... can't believe how much the price of stamps has gone up. I stocked up on a load last week, but not looking forward to the day I run out. Plus I need to post some bigger items today too, which no doubt will cost me a small fortune. Right moan over, have a super week everyone, Jenny x

8 comments:

Biba said...

So sweet!

Crafts @ Home said...

Congratulations on your award, these mirrors are fabulous, What a lovely theme to start with, I hope it works for you, as stitching everything must be such hard work everyday.
Sue Xx

Anonymous said...

They're gorgeous Jenny, so cute!! :)
Vivienne x

Poppy said...

Cute, adorable and gorgeous all in one! :0)

all is ok here, just really busy with gardening...thanks for asking.

Have a fab week... xxx

Supercutetilly said...

I know what you mean about making things quicker.....especially if your doing the same thing over and over again. These are lovely but I love your stitched ones too, Nic xx

Anonymous said...

I looove the chick one x

Naomi said...

What gorgeous designs...good idea.

Naomi xx

Adrian L said...

Nicce share

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...