Saturday 26 March 2011

A little bit of everything...



Hi all, hope you are having a wonderful weekend:) Well, as usual, this past week has gone by far too so fast, I can't believe we are nearly at the end of March already. Have been enjoying the sunshine as I've been out and about this week, and it's even been warm enough to have the window open in my studio too, so nice! Have been sewing lots this week too -  Wednesday morning I think it was I designed this pretty little handbag mirror, appliqued with my most favourite  of floral fabrics, with 'Best Mum' stitched in the centre.


I wasn't going to do any specific Mother's Day items this year as I've been so busy lately I just hadn't had the time to design anything new. But the idea just came to me, and I'm quite pleased with how they've turned out - I think it's the summery colours, they just look nice and cheerful don't they! Anyway, as I am so late off the mark with the whole Mother's Day thing this year, I've only made a small batch, but if you fancy treating your mum, you can buy one here, I'm sure she would love one, hint hint!


Talking of Mother's Day though, these 'I heart' mirrors have also been selling well this week, most of them are along the lines of I love My Mum, Nan, Granny, Mummy...etc, which is nice - lots of much loved mummies and grannies around! I feel a little like I have been glued to the sewing machine lately though, so am having a day off from it today, but I do have a (growing) pile of these to make up tomorrow.

For the last couple of days I've also been working on another trade order, which I somehow managed to get finished and sent before the weekend - result! It included lots of my printed cards, as well as a selection of magnets and badges such as my little frog and flower magnets. They all arrived in their new home safely this afternoon (I will be doing a separate blog post on this lovely stockist soon) which is fab, am very impressed at the speed of Royal Mail - for once!



Sewing frogs, butterflies and flowers yesterday did make me feel that spring is definitely here, although today the weather is disappointingly overcast and grey....sigh! 

Since I am supposed to be having a 'day off' though (not sure I really know the meaning of those words) I ventured out into the garden this morning, planting up these gorgeous primroses I bought this week. Love the purple and yellow combination, they are very cheap and cheerful, but that's just what I like! It's lovely to look out of the window and see such a splash of colour.










I'm not really much of a gardener it has to be said, although I do really enjoy it and wish I had both a bigger garden and more time to spend in it. I would love one day to have a really lovely rambling cottage type garden, with wild flowers growing everywhere, lots of different grasses and chickens wandering about, but for now I will have to make do with my flower pots:)

So anyway, I best go, it's taken me ages to write this post for some reason! Not sure what I shall be doing this evening, though I may do a little more tinkering with my blog - do you like my new blog buttons down the side? (the ones that link to my website/facebook/twitter). The old ones were just a bit big, so have streamlined them a little, and I have to say I quite like them myself. I also really wanted to get rid of the grey line around my photos in my posts, but can't for the life of me work out how to do it. Have a feeling it may be something to do with the template I've chosen, but any advice would be much appreciated?! 

Anyhow, thanks for stopping by, I hope you are all having a gorgeous weekend, Jenny x

10 comments:

Crafts @ Home said...

Wow, what a lovely long and interesting post, love the flowery mirrors at the top, how do you manage to get them all so similar? your cards are fantastic as well.
Its so nice to be able to have some colour in the garden again, bring back the sunshine though!
Your buttons are wonderful with your own designs on them, would you like to come over and do mine :)
Sue Xx

greenrabbitdesigns said...

Your blog is looking great Jenny!
Love your new mirrors, that is such a pretty fabric.
It's good to get outside in the garden even for a little while! Nothing like some primroses to brighten the place up, the centre of that little lilac coloured flower is beautiful. :)
Weather here has taken a bit of a chilly turn I'm afraid although it was still bright and sunny. It was nice to feel the heat a little earlier in the week.
Just love your bunny card. :)
Enjoy the rest of your weekend,
Vivienne x

home made gorgeous said...

Hi Jenny, I absolutely LOVE your handbag mirrors, have just bought one for my Mum! It's so nice to see the flowers coming out again isn't it, those primroses are gorgeous. Enjoy the rest of your weekend and hope you get a bit of a break from your sewing machine! Sarah x

Helen Philipps said...

I sooo loved those little handbag mirrors - and like Sarah have just bought one for my Mum too! I know she'll love it! Your work is so stylish and well executed, Jenny. Love the new things on your blog, it's looking lovely. The sun is trying to peek out here - hope it's shining where you are today and you can enjoy your bright spring flowers.
Helen x

moonstruckcreations said...

These pics are just so lovely! My dear friend Sue is going to teach me a bit about machine embroidery once we have finished our current dressmaking sessions.

But it would take many a long year I think to get anywhere near your or her standards!!

Helenxx

Unknown said...

Gorgeous Makes! And those blooms are photographed brilliantly too!

Eadaoin said...

My haven't you been a busy bee lately! I love those 'best mum' mirrors, such a lovely present idea.

Also your new buttons look great!

About getting rid of the grey border around your photos - if I'm right there are two different ways you should be able to do it.

The first is to go into the blog template designer and to turn the photo border white that way. The other is to look at the CSS code for your blog, try to find the section where the code is written for the grey coloured border and change it's hex number to white (#ffffff). If neither of those options make sense to you send me an email!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous makes, well done! I love the cards.

I just wanted to let you know that you've been awarded the Liebster Blog Award from Knitted Back Together - see here: http://www.knittedbacktogether.typepad.com/

Thanks for your blog; it really is enjoyable.
Claire x

MyFabricHouse said...

Thanks for your comments Jenny, that's really sweet of you, that will be a very special gift from you! x
Luella @ My Fabric House

MyFabricHouse said...

What a lovely products you have from your store. I love them x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...